Putting on makeup can be hard sometimes. Your cat eye wings never come out perfectly even, you get lipstick on your tooth, and that new hair product you were told to try doesn’t seem to be working.
However, sometimes all you need to remember are the simple tricks that will help you get by and make your life easier.
Here are some of our makeup tricks to decode and try for yourself:
1. Perfect your cupid’s bow by drawing an “X” on your upper lip first as a guideline. Will Make putting lipstick on that much easier.
(Also to make sure lipstick does not get on your teeth, after applying insert your index finger in the middle of your mouth, press your lips down around it making an o with your lips, and pull your finger back out-doesn’t make smudges or teeth marks)
2. Turn a pencil eyeliner into a gel formula with the help of a match or lighter.
3. Cover your eyelid with white liner to make any eyeshadow shade pop.
4. Draw your cat eye first, and then fill in the open space for a perfect winged liner application every single time.
5. Use a spoon to create the perfect winged liner.
6. Draw a slanted hashtag at the outer corner of your eye, and then blend it for an instantly smoky effect.
7. Use that same spoon to avoid mascara marks on your upper eye lid.
8. Add saline solution to a flaky mascara formula to re-wet it again.
9. Hit your eyelash curler with a hair dryer to heat it up so your lashes curl easier.
10. Apply eyelash glue to false lashes with the tip of a clean bobby pin.
11. Dust on translucent powder in between coating on mascara to plump up your lashes.
12. For long-lasting lip color, swipe on your shade, lay a tissue over your mouth, and then dust translucent powder over it to set the color.
13. Mix loose pigments with a salve or petroleum jelly to make your own custom lip gloss.
14. Conceal dark circles and puffy eyes the right way by creating a triangle with your cover-up.
15. Map the contours of your face with a gel eyebrow pencil, since it’s easier to apply precisely and blend in.
16. Make contouring look more natural by using a pencil, pen, or makeup brush handle as your guide to finding exactly where your cheekbone is.
17. Blot your face in a pinch with a clean toilet seat cover—-weird but effective if your in a pinch and using your office bathroom…preferably not public ones (you don’t know where they have been)